Parish Resources for Elections
Help parishioners participate in elections with these resources: political responsibility guidelines, parish toolkit, graphics, material on forming consciences, and the Civilize It! initiative. Many are provided in English and Spanish.
(The General Election is Nov. 8)
Political Responsibility Guidelines for Parishes
Parishes are encouraged to share the Church's teachings on human life, human rights, and justice and peace, but may not participate in partisan activity.
Voter guides: Many organizations seek to distribute voter or election guides or candidate scorecards through parishes, parish organizations or schools. The Maryland Catholic Conference candidate surveys are the only the voter guides approved by our Maryland bishops. Please do not use outside materials.
Questions? contact the Maryland Catholic Conference via email or 410-269-1155.
Parish Resource Kit
- Bulletin/email announcements
- Catholic quotes about engaging in political life
- Mass intercessions
Download the Maryland Catholic Conference candidate surveys for your district and share
Board of Elections website (English and Spanish)
- Register to vote, confirm or update your registration
- Enter your registration information to find your voting districts (by address or name)
- See an overview of what to do and expect
Social media and bulletin announcements
Forming Consciences: Faithful Citizenship
Resources from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops:
- Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship | Spanish (multiple resources for use by parishes and other groups)
- Summary bulletin inserts: Part 1 | Spanish and Part 2 | Spanish
- Novena for Faithful Citizenship | Spanish
Civilize It! Parish Initiative
Invite parishioners to take the pledge to promote civility, love of neighbor, and build community this election season!
- Resource kit
- Prayer for civility (English and Spanish - downloadable)
- Promotion materials - bulletin announcements, emails and social media graphics (English and Spanish)
Please contact the Office of Communications
✉ [email protected]