The work of the Maryland Catholic Conference is built upon the themes of Catholic Social Teaching. We advocate for public policy that:
- Respects the life and dignity of each person
- Puts the needs of the poor and vulnerable first
- Affords all people the means to have their basic human needs met and recognizes society’s responsibility for securing those means
- Respects the dignity of work and the rights of workers
- Pursues justice and peace for all people
- Protects all of God’s creation.
Our priority issues focus on fair access to health care, shelter, food, work, and basic necessities; and policies that protect religious freedom, keep communities safe from violence and injustice, treat people with compassion and respect, and protect the environment.