Helping Hope Bloom is about lifting up women who are pregnant and parenting with practical resources, prayer and support.
Below are simple ideas for parishes. Choose an idea, then click on "Resources" to see and connect with programs.
Collect items for moms and babies (check with one of the organizations in the resource list for their needs)
- Diaper drive
- Gift card drive (grocery stores, Target, Walmart, etc.) so mothers can purchase mother and baby items
- Baby shower
- Onesie drive (collect babie onesies)
- Food drive
- Designate poor box donations for a pregnancy/mom support ministry or program
Engage as a parish in longer-term programs and share information about resources
- Partner with a mom-serving organization such as Catholic Charities, a local pregnancy center, diaper bank, St. Ann’s Center for Children, Youth and Families, etc.
- Participate in Walking with Moms
- Form an Angel Friend Team for the Gabriel Network
- Promote Project Rachel retreats sponsored through your (arch)diocese
- Use Flocknote, bulletins, and websites to promote resources and support for mothers and women who have had abortions to help heal
- Start a “knit for life” group to make baby blankets, bonnets, etc. for infants and children
Keep in prayer the struggles, needs and hopes of mothers, children and their families, of those affected by abortion, and those seeking to provide life-affirming support
- Include intentions for mothers in crisis or at risk from abuse and more in Mass intercessions
- Pray a rosary after Mass on a regular basis
- Hold a Holy Hour for Life
- Pray a novena
- Share the prayer for pregnant mothers
Idea or question? Email us!