Virtual Town Hall |March 9, 2022, 7:30-8:30 p.m. (Cardinal Gregory)
- Wilton Cardinal Gregory, Archbishop of Washington
- Benjamin Grumbles, Maryland Secretary of the Environment
- Senator Will Smith (Dist. 20-Montgomery County)
- Delegate Brooke Lierman (Dist. 46-Baltimore)
- Jose Aguto, executive director, Catholic Climate Covenant
- Moderator: WJLA-7 reporter John Gonzalez
- Opening prayer: Msgr. Eddie Tolentino, pastor of St. Michael the Archangel, Silver Spring
On-demand Virtual Town Hall | Feb. 15, 2022 (Archbishop Lori)
- Most Reverend William E. Lori, Archbishop of Baltimore
- State Senator Jill P. Carter, District 41
- State Delegate Benjamin Brooks, District 10
- Russell Dickerson, Maryland Commission on Climate Change
- Robin Clark, Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Chris Becraft, Underwood & Associates
- Moderator: Jamie Costello, Anchor, WMAR-TV
- Prayer: Rev. Raymond Harris, pastor, Holy Family Catholic Church, Randallstown
Questions? Contact us!
We are called to be responsible stewards of the earth – our common home.
In his landmark encyclical, Laudato Si, Pope Francis reminds us of our moral and spiritual responsibilities for taking care of the environment, of God's creation. The environmental struggles of today are closely interwoven with the needs for social and economic justice in society locally and globally. Progress must be carefully weighed against the potential negative impact on vulnerable people and on the earth.
Laudato Si' Resources
- Read Laudato Si'
- Laudato Si' Action Plan, with practical suggestions for families and parishes (from the Archdiocese of Washington, in English and Spanish)
- Vatican Laudato Si' Action Platform